Thursday, September 13, 2007

mac or pc?

Guess what? My laptop is finally letting me know it's tired. It's 5 years old and I guess it doesn't owe me a thing, but the prospect of getting a new one is making me queasy. Or was that lunch? Not sure.

I have friends in both camps - pc & mac. Of course, when I price them out, the ones I chose are at least $2,000 with all the bells & whistles. I mean really, if you are going to drop dime on a computer, shouldn't it last at least a year?

All of my programs are pc versions but old. The thought of having to replace Photoshop & Dreamweaver - ugh! PC's are the most software-compatible hardware and seem to be universal in oh so many ways. I hate Vista which is why I would even consider a Mac. Bill Gates can you hear me? It's NOT good. I find the jumping icons on Macs annoying. I don't care about cosmetics, am not a gamer or video person and don't even own an iPod. Yet. I want a computer that rocks, hard.

Any suggestions out in blogger land?

1 comment:

Misty said...

You can turn the jumping icons off