Wednesday, February 6, 2008

at last, a blogging breakthrough

A few days ago, I was tagged. By my friend Susan who always looks out for me and makes sure I am included. I have a fear of not being included. Indeed of being Left Out Completely.

Apparently there is a blogging equivalent of not being kissed before your 16th birthday which is not being tagged for a meme (I'm not sure what a meme is but I think I don't want to be one?) before your first blogiversary. What's that? Of course, I had not been tagged. Uh oh, I was on the verge of Being Left Out and I didn't even know it.

So I promptly emailed Susan for clarification, because, as a Virgo, I must have complete clarification on all aspects of everything before I can begin the meticulous planning involved with all parts of my life. It's very involved I assure you.

So here I go with the necessary steps of being tagged. First, here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.
4. Tag a minimum of five random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.

So I'm good on the first 3 rules, but what about the last two? Is this like a bad chain letter that you will be cursed at for forwarding? Let me start with the first three things while I decide on the last two.

1. She's been linked since I began my own blog and the rules are posted.
2. Five things about me:
a. I was Greta in the Sound of Music production put on by my summer camp St. Margaret's Episcopal Camp for Girls in S. Duxbury, MA because I was the only small white blonde girl there. It's no longer a camp but it still exists. My mother went there too and almost became a nun (bonus weird fact).
b. I am adopted and have no interest in discovering my "birth parents" however, if they tracked me down, I would love to meet them.
c. I moved to Vermont for seven years based on nothing more than falling in love with snowboarding.
d. I refuse to wear the color orange and believe that polka dots are a sign of madness. (i.e. Joan Crawford).
e. Local newspapers from three different states all had me on the front page with my mouth open.

3. Five places:
a. New Zealand because of the beauty of Mt. Hutt and also cus the Lord of the Rings was filmed there.
b. Nova Scotia after my parents visted there and showed us the photos. Yes please.
c. Martha's Vineyard (Chilmark) again and again and again because we love it.
d. The Four Corners and the Grand Canyon (can't decide which here).
e. Italy - all of it. Over several months.

I'll have to get back on the tagged blogs - stay tuned!

1 comment:

Smartphone said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.