Tuesday, August 19, 2008

heroism against the rudeness

Ok, so further entertainment from the store. A couple walks into the store and he promptly states "I need to use your bathroom." Well, like so many other businesses here in Town, we are prohibited by that same Town to allow the public to use their bathroom if it hasn't been inspected by the Health Department. Also, the thought of the great unwashed public using this already yukky loo skeeves me out. So I give my usual response to the oft asked question, "I'm sorry, we do not have a public bathroom. There is a restaurant about 500 yards away with a public toilet."

He goes outside and pees on the side of the building. OMG. He was about 50 and should have (hopefully) known better, or he could have at least gone around back so no one could see (like all the traffic on Route 6 driving by at a snail's pace); he just ranked right up there in the DEE-sgusting category. I certainly was not going to touch his money or credit card if he hadn't washed his hands now - EEEWWWW.

His wife calmly kept shopping.

When he came back into the store, I said, "I'm sorry, I'm going to have to ask you both to leave. Using the side of our building as your toilet is unacceptable. Please shop elsewhere." (See, I said please!)

They both gaped at me, looked at each other, and left.

Do you think that this was the first time anyone called them out?

2 comments:

Susan said...

EW! ew ew ew ew ew ew ew!

Oh, ew.

Liz said...

Did I mention that there was no apparent medical condition nor was he pregnant - he walked in carrying the 1/2 gallon bucket they pass for a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts.